Pages

Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Story of Enoch

Let's think:
If you could live in a perfect town or city, what would it be like?
What would the people be like?
How would they treat each other? 


______________________________

Can we be kind and clean and pure even though we live in an evil world?



We can. 
Here is the story of Enoch, who was pure in heart.


_____________________________________________________
Enoch's Ancestry and Posterity

1. Adam

2. Seth

3. Enos

4. Cainan

5. Mahalaleel

6. Jared

7. Enoch
translated at age 430
8. Methuselah
He was left on the earth when the City of Enoch was translated
to provide a posterity through which Noah would come (Moses 8:3–4).
He lived 969 years.

9. Lamech

10. Noah 
born four years after the city of Enoch was taken into heaven.

____________________________________


Enoch's Story


 26 And it came to pass that Enoch journeyed in the land, among the people; and as he journeyed, the Spirit of God descended out of heaven, and abode upon him.
 27 And he heard a voice from heaven, saying: Enoch, my son, prophesy unto this people, and say unto them—Repent, 
  • • How were most of the people living at the time Enoch received his call? (Moses 6:27–29.)
27, cont.  for thus saith the Lord: I am angry with this people, and my fierce anger is kindled against them; for their hearts have waxed hard, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes cannot see afar off;
28 And for these many generations, ever since the day that I created them, have they gone astray, and have denied me, and have sought their own counsels in the dark; and in their own abominations have they devised murder, and have not kept the commandments, which I gave unto their father, Adam.
  • • Why did Enoch feel his calling was too difficult for him? (Moses 6:31.) 
  •  31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant?

  • What specifically did the Lord tell Enoch to do before he would be blessed? (Moses 6:32.) What did the Lord tell Enoch to say? (Moses 6:33.) 
  •  32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good.
  • How were the Lord’s promises in Moses 6:34 fulfilled? (Moses 7:13.)
  •  34 Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me.
     Enoch did what the Lord asked him to do.  He was righteous himself, and he taught the people.  Those who believed him gathered together and built a beautiful city. 


In the city they lived in peace and happiness, but the people who would not believe in God hated them.  They sent armies to fight them.  
The Lord fulfilled his promises in Moses 6:34.

    Now go to this post:  Moses 7:13

No comments:

Post a Comment